Ryan Retson was the star man on day two of NAGS14 with 100m Freestyle gold in the 13 Yrs Age Group.
The F.I.R.S.T swimmer beat his PB in both the heats and final as he clocked 54.33 to take the touch ahead of Plymouth Leander’s Sam Dailley (55.80) and City of Liverpool’s Ethan Ryland (56.74).
Retson was just 0.12 seconds away from the British Age Group record and he admitted watching his teammate Duncan Scott win a medal for Scotland at Glasgow 2014 last week had added an extra bit of motivation for him in Sheffield.
“That wasn’t a bad swim for the final,” said Retson. “I’m happy with that and I’ve got a gold medal on the second day of the competition which is great.
“It wasn’t too far off the British record and I got the Scottish record so I’m happy with that.
“It was quite an inspiration watching everyone swimming at the Commonwealths and Duncan Scott won a medal for Scotland and he swims at my club so that was really inspiring as well. “
Bridgend County’s Becka Sutton continued her good form from the opening day to add the 400m IM title to the 200m IM crown, ducking under five minutes for the first time to win in an impressive 4:56.59 – a time which would have won silver in the 14 Yrs Age Group!
The other girls’ winners were Rosanna Arnold with a PB 2:37.97 in the 200m Breaststroke and Anna Fleming, winning her second gold of the meet with victory in the 100m Free in a PB 1:03.31.
The boys’ winners were Hillingdon’s Alfie Collins (17:00.33 PB) in the 1500m Free, Hamilton UAE’s Cameron Matthews (2:12.25) in the 200m IM and City of Leicester’s Joel Weston (2:11.22 PB) in the 200m Fly.
- Alfie Collins (Hillingdon) – 1500m Freestyle – 17:00.33
- Rebecca Sutton (Bridgend City) – 400m Individual Medley – 4:56.59
- Joel Weston (City of Leicester) – 200m Butterfly – 2:11.22
- Rosanna Arnold (Guildford City) – 200m Breaststroke – 2:37.97
- Ryan Retson (F.I.R.S.T.) – 100m Freestyle – 54.33
- Anna Fleming (City of Glasgow) – 100m Butterfly – 1:03.31
- Cameron Matthews (Hamilton UAE) – 200m Individual Medley – 2:12.25
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
- William Hendry (Cleethorpes) - 1500m Freestyle – 17:06.63
- Elizabeth Harris (Satellite) - 400m Individual Medley – 5:03.87
- Felix Cheng (Barnet Copthall) – 200m Butterfly – 2:11.37
- Andrea Todorovic (Plymouth Leander) - 200m Breaststroke – 2:38.29
- Sam Dailley (Plymouth Leander) – 100m Freestyle – 55.80
- Caitlin Hubbard (City of Birmingham) – 100m Butterfly – 1:04.15
- Jordan Ludlam (Aquae Sulis) - 200m Individual Medley – 2:15.37
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
- Hector Pardoe (Ellesmere College Titans) - 1500m Freestyle – 17:06.88
- Kate Clifton (City of Sheffield) - 400m Individual Medley – 5:09.17
- Daniel Savage (Northampton) – 200m Butterfly – 2:12.74
- Amy Hodgson (Guildford City) - 200m Breaststroke – 2:41.28
- Ethan Ryland (City of Liverpool) – 100m Freestyle – 56.74
- Emma Rowson (Stockport Metro) – 100m Butterfly – 1:04.62
- Sam Dailley (Plymouth Leander) - 200m Individual Medley – 2:18.45