Holly Hibbott continued her dominance of the 14 Yrs Age Group with a hat-trick of golds on day three of the ASA National Age Group Champs.
The Southport swimmer – who won European Junior silver earlier this year – scooped her fourth, fifth and sixth golds of the meet with victories over 800m Free, 200m Free and 200m Fly.
Having won the 800m Free title with an 8:53.19 in the afternoon session, Hibbott added a second gold with a 2:03.15 effort in the 200m Free.
She rounded her session off with victory in the 200m Butterfly, lowering her PB to 2:15.20 with City of Peterborough’s fastest qualifier Katherine Brown (2:16.06) pushing her all the way home in silver.
“The 800 was just about winning it and saving enough for tonight’s swims,” said Hibbott. "I was pretty tired afterwards but I knew I had to keep tough and do my best tonight.
“That 200 Fly was tight but I just kept my head down and went as fast as I could and I’m pretty pleased with that.
"It's been tough doing European Juniors and then this because I haven't properly trained for about four weeks now but that was good."
Nathan Hughes bagged his second gold of the meet with victory in a thrilling 400m Individual Medley final.
The Hatfield swimmer sliced five seconds off his PB from the heats to win in 4:37.63, narrowly touching out Bicester’s 200m Butterfly champion Kieran Bird (4:37.85 PB).
Tom Thornley became Bicester’s second medallist of the day with a PB 2:07.99 in the 200m Backstroke final, narrowly holding off City of Sheffield’s fast-finishing Elliot Clogg (2:08.21 PB) and Hillingdon’s George Taplin (2:08.98).
- Nathan Hughes (Hatfield) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:37.85
- Holly Hibbott (Southport) - 200m Freestyle – 2:03.15
- Thomas Thornley (Bicester) - 200m Backstroke – 2:07.99
- Holly Hibbott (Southport) – 200m Butterfly – 2:15.20
- Holly Hibbott (Southport) - 800m Freestyle - 8:53.19
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
- Kieran Bird (Bicester) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:37.85
- Madeleine Crompton (Stockport Metro) - 200m Freestyle – 2:04.20
- Elliot Clogg (City of Sheffield) - 200m Backstroke – 2:08.21
- Katherine Brown (City of Peterborough) – 200m Butterfly – 2:16.06
- Isobel Griffiths (City of Birmingham) - 800m Freestyle - 8:53.95
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
- George Clough (Warrender Baths) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:44.45
- Rebecca Sherwin (teamipswich) - 200m Freestyle – 2:04.43
- George Taplin (Hillingdon) - 200m Backstroke – 2:08.98
- Tazmin Pugh (Ellesmere College Titans) – 200m Butterfly – 2:17.91
- Madeleine Crompton (Stockport Metro) - 800m Freestyle – 9:00.55