Max Jameson showed his dominance in the 200m Backstroke to win gold in the 13 Yrs Age Group on day three of the British Gas ASA National Age Group Champs.
The Guildford City swimmer – who won the same title in the 11/12 Yrs Age Group last year – lowered his PB to 2:11.97 to bag the title, touching just 1.37 seconds shy of the British Age Group record.
"That was a good swim – about four seconds quicker than my 200 Freestyle PB,” said Jameson.
“Everything was great going into today. I was feeling a little nervous just now before the race but I managed to come out with the right result.
“2:11 is exactly what I wanted to do and is only a second off the national record so that’s good. I wasn’t really thinking about the record though. I was just focusing on my own swim.”
Barnet Copthall’s Meghan Byrne scooped her first gold of the week with a personal best in the 200m Freestyle.
In one of the best finals of the night, Byrne pulled through in the final 50m to take gold in 2:04.98 with Bridgend County’s Rebecca Sutton (2:05.99) and City of Glasgow’s Anna Fleming (2:07.87) both setting PBs for silver and bronze respectively.
Hamilton UAE swimmer Cameron Matthews won his second gold of the meet in the 400m IM, clocking 4:44.00 to hold off Aquae Sulis’ Jordan Ludlam, who touched in 4:47.40, beating his pre-competition PB by 14 seconds.
Borough of Waltham Forest swimmer Phoebe Griffiths won the 800m Freestyle title in 9:07.70 while the final 13 Yrs gold of the night went to City of Birmingham’s Caitlin Hubbard in a PB 2:22.21 with Nova Centrion’s Lucy Ambrose (2:23.57 PB) and Stockport Metro’s Emma Rowson (2:24.23) joining her on the podium.
- Cameron Matthews (Hamilton UAE) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:44.00
- Meghan Byrne (Barnet Copthall) - 200m Freestyle – 2:04.98
- Max Jameson (Guildford City) - 200m Backstroke – 2:11.97
- Caitlin Hubbard (City of Birmingham) - 200m Butterfly – 2:22.21
- Phoebe Griffiths (Bo Waltham Forest) - 800m Freestyle - 9:07.70
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
- Jordan Ludlam (Aquae Sulis) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:47.40
- Rebecca Sutton (Bridgend City) - 200m Freestyle – 2:05.99
- James Eddy (Maxwell) - 200m Backstroke – 2:15.38
- Lucy Ambrose (Nova Centurion) - 200m Butterfly – 2:23.57
- Caitlin Fearon (Sevenoaks) - 800m Freestyle - 9:08.15
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
- Ryan Retson (F.I.R.S.T.) - 400m Individual Medley – 4:48.32
- Anna Fleming (City of Glasgow) - 200m Freestyle – 2:07.87
- Alasdair Wicks (Northampton) - 200m Backstroke – 2:15.97
- Emma Rowson (Stockport Metro) - 200m Butterfly – 2:24.23
- Elizabeth Harris (Satellite) - 800m Freestyle - 9:14.45