Brodie Judge completed her golden hat-trick on the third day of the ASA National Age Group Champs in Sheffield.
The 12-year old Hillingdon swimmer set a PB 2:09.51 to win the 200m Freestyle final, having already lifted the 100m Free and 100m Fly titles on the opening two nights at Ponds Forge.
Judge made the 200m Freestyle final as an 11-year old last year, finishing seventh, but there was nobody who could stop her this time round as she held off the gutsy challenge of Aquae Sulis’ Laura McNab (2:09.92 PB) in the final 10m.
Thomas Clare was also impressive as he sliced nine seconds off his PB in the heats then another three in the final to win the 200m Backstroke title.
The teamipswich swimmer eventually took the touch in 2:16.92 to add the 200m Back crown to his victory from the 100m Back on day one in Sheffield.
“I definitely wasn’t expecting two swims like that. I was hoping for maybe a 2:18 so to go 2:16 is great,” said Clare.
“It was the perfect race because I could see where both second and third were.
“I knew I’d have a good chance to win both. The 100 and 200 Back are my best events and I could see by my qualification times that I’d be there.”
Barracudas’ Luan Evert Grobbelaar also claimed his third gold of the Champs as he won the 400m IM title in 4:55.50 with Charlie Hutchison (Ellesmere College) also breaking the five minute barrier for the first time for silver in 4:58.56.
The other girls’ winners in the youngest age group were Ireland’s Ellen Walshe (2:23.44) in the 200m Fly and City of Leeds’ Leah Crisp (9:16.16 PB) in the 800m Free.
- Luan Evert Grobbelaar (Barracudas RSA) – 400m Individual Medley – 4:55.50
- Brodie Judge (Hillingdon) – 200m Freestyle – 2:09.51
- Thomas Clare (teamipswich) – 200m Backstroke – 2:16.92
- Ellen Walshe (Ireland) – 200m Butterfly – 2:23.44
- Leah Crisp (City of Leeds) - 800m Freestyle - 9:16.16
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
- Charlie Hutchison (Ellesmere College Titans) – 400m Individual Medley – 4:58.56
- Laura McNab (Aquae Sulis) - 200m Freestyle – 2:09.92
- James Cooper (Romford Town) - 200m Backstroke – 2:19.02
- Keanna Macinnes (Heart of Midlothian) - 200m Butterfly – 2:24.49
- Maisie Macartney (Thanet Swim) - 800m Freestyle - 9:24.77
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
- James Pettener (City of Liverpool) – 400m Individual Medley – 5:03.50
- Jemima Hall (Hillingdon) - 200m Freestyle – 2:11.03
- Sean McNicholl (Hamilton UAE) - 200m Backstroke – 2:19.34
- Leah Crisp (City of Leeds) - 200m Butterfly – 2:27.05
- Niamh Hofland (Royal Wolverhampton) - 800m Freestyle - 9:25.24