Sophie Pyatt is a rising star in the swimming world and the 18-year-old has firmly set her sights on winning an Olympic medal in Rio in 2016. The Stockport Metro swimmer specialises in backstroke and the individual medley and the 2012 ASA National Youth Championships saw her swim to a bronze medal in the 15/16 years 200m backstroke. Sophie is definitely one to watch in the future.
- Date Of Birth: 31 October 1995
- Born: Biddulph, Stoke-on-Trent
- Sport: Swimming
How did you first get involved in your sport?
I joined my first club Biddulph after seeing them train after my swimming lessons.
What are your long-term aims?
Olympic gold in Rio in 2016 in the 200m backstroke and 400m IM. World and European champion in 200m backstroke and 400m IM.
What do you enjoy most about being a sportsperson?
I love competing and the comradeship with my club friends.
Who is your sporting hero?
Rebecca Adlington as she won gold at the Olympics.
Describe a typical week:
- Monday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm and land training 6.40 to 7.20pm.
- Tuesday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
- Wednesday: rest.
- Thursday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm and land training 6.40pm to 7.20pm.
- Friday: 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
- Saturday: 5.30am to 7.30am and land training 7.40pm to 8.20pm.
- Sunday: rest.
What do you do in your free time?
I like reading and relaxing, watching movies. I like shopping and meeting my friends