We know that sometimes people make silly mistakes. When we are passionate about a subject we may go a little too far when leaving a comment, something we may be embarrassed about later.
Sometimes we don’t realise that posting a comment online could potentially stay online forever. It is very difficult to “take back” things that you may wish you hadn’t done at the time. This can be very hurtful to others, damage the reputations of others and you could get yourself into trouble with your family, friends, your club and sometimes the Police.
AquaZone is a supportive community. We want everyone to feel welcome, safe, and free to be who they are without having to suffer hurtful words or behaviour from other users.
Toe Dipping and In Deep Water
People who break the rules are either Toe Dipping or In Deep Water. The deeper you enter the water the worse the rule breaking and the greater the chance you’ll be reported to your club and parents and your account suspended.
People who break the rules by posting abusive and offensive content could even be breaking the law. Aquazone will report any user to the Police if this should happen.
We all do something we don’t mean to sometimes. It may be posting a swear word, or general name-calling that is just the wrong side of funny. We can all write before we think sometimes. This we call Toe Dipping.
- So, the first time you leave a comment which is not in the spirit of AquaZone, unless the comment means you are immediately suspended, we will simply delete it. But we will still have these comments, and know who left them, even though they have been deleted.
We hope that you’ll learn not to do this again in AquaZone. But, if you decide to continue Toe Dipping:
- The second time we will remove the comment AND email your parents about your use of the site, so they can help you learn from your mistakes
In Deep Water
As we said above we want everyone to feel welcome, safe, and free to be who they are in AquaZone without having to suffer hurtful words or behaviour from other users.
AquaZone does not tolerate bullying, hurtful comments, deeply embarrassing comments, nasty rumour spreading, offensive swear words, attacking someone because of who they are or what they choose to be, or any form of trolling
If you behave like this then you are In Deep Water and you have seriously broken the rules.
- The first time we catch you acting like this we will delete the comments, give you a formal warning and contact your parents about your behaviour.
- The second time we will take out the comments and contact the Swim England Legal Department and Child Safeguarding Team. Your parents and your club will be contacted to advise them of your behaviour and that your account is suspended.
Some things you do will lead to your account being immediately suspended the first time you do them. These include the following but there may be other things:
- Abusive and offensive posts
- Threatening and intimidating behaviour against others.
- Harassment against others
- Attempting to log in as another AquaZoner
- Online activity that could bring Aquazone and the ASA into disrepute
Where applicable AquaZone will contact the Police to report any AquaZoner if we believe the post may have broken the law.
All comments are moderated at the discretion of the full-time AquaZone moderator with support from the Swim England Legal Affairs Department and Swim England Child Safeguarding Team.